After eight months on the stock routes, PJ Elliott's cattle have turned for home at Corfield, desperately hoping for an early break to the season.
The potential for western Queensland to be one of Australia’s largest renewable energy sites was showcased at Longreach on Tuesday.
A prolonged education initiative is what farm safety advocate, Shane Webke, said was needed to get urban voters delivering more sympathetic policies for the bush.
Wethers that didn’t make the trucks to be sold gave Isisford grazier, Julie Maxwell, the thrill of having the champion locally grown fleece of the Longreach Show on Saturday.
A last-minute decision to offer 15 bulls for sale at the Longreach Show paid dividends for the Job family’s Royalla Shorthorn stud.
A Droughtmaster heifer gave the Western Reds stud at Longreach their first broad ribbon as soon as they stepped back into the show arena.
A camp oven cook-off was a popular new addition to the packed 2018 Longreach Show program, which brought over 2500 through the gates.
Building on their reputation for entertaining polocrosse, the Tambo club hosted a two-game interstate series at their annual carnival on the weekend.
A speech pathologist with a desire to become a rural generalist, and a rural journalist who is passionate about connecting city and country have been announced as the 2018 Longreach Miss Showgirl and Rural Ambassador.
Dry conditions on the Barkly Tableland saw AACo sell 432 heifers from Brunette Downs to a top of 193 cents at the Blackall cattle sale on Thursday.
- Raff family's new King Island home.
- A feral pig hunt in North Queensland sparked furore from city slickers after a photo of the carcasses was posted online.
- A ground breaking ceremony was held this week at the site of a major solar farm on a former gold mine at Kidston, northwest of Townsville.
- Gradient surveys conducted by Impact Minerals Ltd’s 100 per cent-owned Clermont gold project indicate significant exploration potential for the discovery of a major deposit.
- Discover Farming aims to broaden awareness of agriculture in the Goondiwindi region.
- Showmen's Guild disappointed there is no compromise with Rockhampton Agricultural Show Society.
- The event will be held at Ladybrook Farm as part of Eat Local.
- Her roots are in the Channel Country but the 2018 QCL Beef Achiever Award winner, Dalene Wray, is poised to walk across the world stage.
- This Chinchilla couple just wanted to stay healthy, but they never expected it would see them grow hundreds of dragon fruit beyond expectations.
- AAM Investment Group (AAMIG) managing director Garry Edwards said the business has a simple philosophy; to promote investment in agriculture to create an ethical and sustainable legacy.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.