Suffolks, White Suffolks and Southdown sheep rammed home an advantage in the sheep competition at the Royal Queensland Show this year.
Central Queensland crocodile farmer, John Levers, said he was “a bit amazed” police hadn’t spoken to anyone in the Northern Territory when they were assessing his application to renew his handgun licence for occupational purposes.
The Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal has overturned another decision by the Queensland Police Service’s Weapons Licensing Branch.
Western Maranoa stud Merino breeders, Peter and Linda Hacker, have fleeced their opposition in the Royal Queensland Show wool competition.
The bush has always been good at helping each other out and that’s what Vaughan Johnson wants to do in his new role as a drought commissioner.
Aspiring veterinarian and Santa Gertrudis enthusiast, Georgia McMaster, Dundee Santas, Inglewood, was hard at work at the Ekka as the breed’s youth ambassador.
Ag science teacher and cattle show team coordinator, Brooke Cuddihy, is the 2018 Marsh Queensland Rural Ambassador.
Muscle pattern was the deciding factor that got Wiangaree Park and Silverleigh studs over the line in the Senepol judging ring.
Romagnola Beef Genetics, based at Roma, took both bull and female broad ribbons in the Romagnola judging ring.
Entries from Andrew and Christie Kennedy, Cowra, and SK Hayward and KI Smith, Allora, were the judge's top picks in the Red Angus ring.
- Fire has destroyed historic Mary’s Commercial Hotel in Dalby.
- Fencing contractors Barry and Heather Storch have left traditional fencing methods in dust, using Trimble GPS technology to more than double their daily work capacity.
- There are real concerns about barley, despite potential global supply and demand issues seemingly flying under the radar.
- Sandon Glenoch Angus experienced their most successful auction to date at their 27th annual on-property bull sale near Chinchilla.
- Advertiser content: Merrijig based farmer turned inventor Mark Mahoney has designed a product which will allow you to fix a busted fence wire in under 60 seconds.
- Brendan Wade updates news from around the saleyards.
- This book is a wonderful collection of stories about 28 women in the Australian Beef industry.
- Pre-selected LNP senate candidate Susan McDonald says Queensland needs to get 'doing'.
- LNP MPs are opposing so-called 'anti-farming' laws, saying they make it harder to feed livestock during drought.
- There were 306 cattle offered at Mareeba’s prime and store sale on Tuesday.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.