A mix of excellent growing conditions and available water has made cotton a money-making crop for many growers throughout the eastern states this summer.
Buyers from Queensland, Northern Territory, Victoria and widespread areas of this state defied the dry seasons and bought up at the ninth annual Tara Station sale out from Condobolin.
The Cox family of Bocoble stud, Mudgee, came out trumps showing the grand champion ram fleece which was awarded supreme champion of the 2017 Australian Wool Network National Fleece Show.
- As the Lyceum Hotel in Longreach was burning last Thursday evening, its owner, Lee McCracken, was watching the shocking vision live from St George.
- A big night in the Curry on Thursday.
- Internal company documents suggest that a renowned professor was used to "command the science" on chemicals.
- Check out the photos from the day.
- Her eggs are delivered to 26 different business customers in Bundaberg, but this chicken farmer has never tasted her own product.
- Experts respond to PETA claims on drought and sheep welfare.
- For the fourth year in a row, the organisers of the Harry Redford Cattle Drive at Aramac have had to make the hard decision to cancel the iconic tourist and heritage event.
- 2017 Charnelle sale raises $20,000 in name of charity.
- Mildura resident Janet Pietsch is the great-niece of Bendigo soldier Frederick John Jenkins.
- Golden Guitar winner Tom Curtain has released his new single raising awareness of bullying after victim Amy “Dolly” Everett ended her young life earlier this year.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.