'I calmed down a little bit and thought about it. I wanted to turn it into a positive.'
DANIEL Petryk had only learned how to use the rifle that shot dead well-known Wickham identity Robert Parry minutes prior to the botched robbery, Newcastle Supreme Court heard on Friday.
Woman charged over the 'financially motivated' murders of two of her children was run out of NSW village.
- After eight months on the stock routes, PJ Elliott's cattle have turned for home at Corfield, desperately hoping for an early break to the season.
- It was the driest summer Melvin Mengel has experienced for 39 years.
- A third of Australia's meat plants are running at only 80 per cent capacity or less
- Australia took on reigning world champions South Africa in an epic battle for national polocrosse pride last weekend.
- Home-owners living on the outskirts of the proposed new jail at Kembla Grange could see their property values take a hit if it goes ahead, agents suggest.
- This week's social flashback goes back seven years to July, 2010.
- Check out who we snapped at the Beef Australia 2018 Beef, Business and Beverages evening.
- The major Northern Territory property Legune Station is on the market.
- Gradient surveys conducted by Impact Minerals Ltd’s 100 per cent-owned Clermont gold project indicate significant exploration potential for the discovery of a major deposit.
- A robot that can detect weeds and foreign materials in vegetable crops was trialled at Gatton, Qld last month.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.