The Blue Ribbon Group, a Brisbane based pulse exporter, has been placed in administration.
National Grains Industry Reporter
Gregor Heard is Fairfax Ag Media's national grains industry reporter, based in Horsham, Victoria. He has a wealth of knowledge surrounding the cropping sector through his ten years in the role. Prior to that he was with the Fairfax network as a reporter with Stock & Land. Some of the major issues he has reported on during his time with the company include the deregulation of the export wheat market, the introduction of genetically modified crops and the fight to protect growers better from grain trader insolvencies. Still involved with the family farm he is passionate about rural Australia and its people and hopes to use his role to act as an advocate for those involved in the grain sector. Away from work, he is a keen traveller, having spent his long service leave last year in Spain learning the language.
The AgriDigital and CBH pilot project using blockchain was deemed a success, although more work is needed before a large scale roll out.
The Australian pulse industry has been dealt a savage blow with news of a whopping Indian tariff on chickpea and lentil imports.
A grain receival site in the south west slopes region of NSW is being hailed a success for the joint investment model used to fund it.
A NUFFIELD Scholar says the most efficient way to see scientific breakthroughs taken up on farm is to ensure extension services are working.
Getting the five-year strategic plan right will be a critical part in the GRDC delivering value for growers over the medium term.
Farmers are being urged to take a leaf out of John Farnham's song book and 'Take The Pressure Down' when it comes to their tyres.
- Gold coins combined with blue shirts at Jundah when the Outback Barrel Horse Circuit raised money and awareness of bullying.
- Croppa Creek farmer Sam Bailey hopes sharing his story will prompt people to think about the consequences of their actions on the road.
- Hancock Prospecting has spent more than $50 million on cattle properties in the Maranoa.
- THE widow of a Queensland farmer killed in a car accident has won a legal battle for compensation to help her continue the couple's farm.
- Entries are now open for the Young Chef Ambassador Competition.
- News that the iconic Betoota Hotel is to reopen has the outback bush telegraph buzzing.
- A group of enthusiasts are dedicated to preserving an important slice of Australia’s pastoral history.
- The boarding environment, where teenagers are in each other’s company 24 hours a day, is one of the enormous challenges facing school administrators as they battle the ever-present worry of bullying.
- Does your state have double demerit points for driving offences this holiday season?
- NSW: Moving Mannequin Magic is giving away all its animatronic characters, robots, mannequins, props and sets.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.