Fire ant bite reactions cause concern in the south east

Kelly Mason
June 21 2024 - 11:00am
The Butler's six-month-old Dachshund puppy Nori was rushed to the vet after she had an allergic reaction to fire ant bites. Picture supplied by Village Veterinary Clinic.
The Butler's six-month-old Dachshund puppy Nori was rushed to the vet after she had an allergic reaction to fire ant bites. Picture supplied by Village Veterinary Clinic.

Fire ant bites have the potential to cause severe reactions in both humans and animals, something which landholder Wendy Butler has had first hand experience with.

Subscribe now for unlimited access to all our agricultural news across the nation

or signup to continue reading

All articles from our website & app
The digital version of This Week's Paper
Breaking news alerts direct to your inbox
All articles from the other in your area
Kelly Mason

Kelly Mason

Journalist

South east journalist covering stories from rural and regional Queensland. kelly.mason@queenslandcountrylife.com.au

Get the latest QLD news in your inbox

Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.

We care about the protection of your data. Read our Privacy Policy.