Four new cases of COVID-19 have been identified in south west Queensland, in a couple in Charleville and another couple who live on a property south of Cunnamulla.
This follows three cases identified in the Roma area last week and one in Cunnamulla.
According to South West Hospital and Health Service CEO Anthony Brown, the Charleville couple are double-vaccinated and tested positive while isolating after being advised they were close contacts of a New South Wales case they had encountered while visiting interstate.
They are in a stable condition and being managed in a virtual ward at home.
The Cunnamulla couple also are both fully vaccinated, in a stable condition and being cared for in a virtual ward at home.
Both couples had limited contact in the south west and Dr Brown said there was minimal risk to the broader community as there are no exposure sites in the region.
Testing clinics available
Dr Brown said anyone who was worried or unwell had testing available at Charleville and Cunnamulla Hospitals.
A drive-through testing clinic is available at the Charleville Hospital from 9.30am to 10.30am Monday to Friday. Please phone 4621 2200 to register.
A drive-through testing clinic also is operating at Cunnamulla Hospital from 10am to 12 midday from Monday to Friday until further notice. Please phone 4655 8100 to register.
In an emergency, testing also is available at both hospitals at any time, and testing is available at all facilities in the south west.
Additional pop-up clinics can be set up throughout the region as required.
Dr Brown said people should always get tested if they had symptoms, no matter how mild.
Symptoms include: Fever, sore throat, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea or lack of taste or smell.
"Once you've had your test, please do the right thing: go straight home and stay there until you receive a negative result," Dr Brown said.
"If you must quarantine at home for two weeks, please ensure you have plans in place for that period.
"Visit the Queensland government COVID Ready website for information about how to prepare."
Mask wearing now is mandatory for visitors at all health facilities and is mandatory in a wide range of venues on a state-wide basis.
As case numbers are growing rapidly right across the state, contact tracing efforts are now focusing on high-risk settings.
The publication of exposure sites on the Queensland government contact tracing website is now being limited to venues of most concern, including settings where vulnerable people may be infected.
A location may also not be added to the website if every person can be contacted directly.
Where locations, dates and times can be clearly identified, Queensland Health will list south west exposure sites on its health service Facebook page.
Given the rapidly rising case numbers throughout the state, all Queenslanders are being asked to assume they are at risk of developing COVID-19 no matter where they are and take precautions such as wearing a mask in public and maintaining physical distance from other people.
If you have been told you are a close contact of someone who has COVID-19, you must quarantine for a prescribed period, depending on whether you are fully vaccinated or unvaccinated. More information is available here.
ALSO IN THE NEWS: