WEATHER has impacted on planned race meetings in Blackall and Cairns.
The Barcoo Amateur Race Club was meant to host a non-TAB meeting in Blackall on February 29 but the program has been postponed until March 7.
According to Racing Queensland, the Blackall racecourse received nearly 100mm of rain over a 72-hour period to Monday, leaving the track unsuitable for racing. With doubts on the course recovering ahead of the weekend, the postponement decision was made.
Fresh nominations will be called for the March 7 program, closing at 11am on March 3 and acceptances will due by 10am on March 5.
The Cairns Jockey Club's TAB meeting meant to be held on February 25 was abandoned due to heavy rain and a replacement meeting will be held on March 2.
Seven races will be held, comprising a collective acceptance of 58 horses.
An interesting acceptor is Robig (Rothesay-Colonial Lass-General Nediym), a first starter contesting the QTIS Two-Year-Old (850m).
Trained in Atherton by Roy Chillemi, Robig will be ridden by Shane Sheargold for a syndicate of owners led by Far North Queensland businessman Tom Hedley.
Other weekend country meetings will be in Chinchilla and Mt Isa while provincial and regional programs will be run at Gladstone, Toowoomba and Townsville.