A crackerjack draft of 237 lots will help to ensure that the 45thannual Dalby Australian Stock Horse (ASH) Sale will be one to remember when it takes place from Friday, November 29 to Sunday, December 1 at the Dalby Showgrounds.
A total of six stallions, 89 geldings and 142 mares have been hand-picked by vendors from Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, to provide prospective buyers with the largest exclusive Australian Stock Horse sale offering in the nation.
Australian Stock Horse Society, Darling Downs Branch president Jim Ryan said the Australian Stock Horse is recognised for its versatility, temperament and superior performance among work and leisure breeds.
"It's often referred to as 'The Breed for Every Need'," Mr Ryan said.
The sale will get underway from 5pm on Saturday, November 30, with lots one to 53 going to go under the hammer, and from 8am the following morning the balance of the horses selected for the draft will each have their time in the ring.
This year's sale will be interfaced with AuctionsPlus, making it possible for those unable to attend in person to livestream the sale and bid online.
In all, 183 horses sold at the 2018 sale, resulting in an 80 per cent clearance, to average $9377. In the breakdown, 106 mares sold to average $11,075; 74 geldings averaged $7060; and three stallions averaged $6500.
The sale topped at $42,000 for the seven-year-old black mare, Narrego Miss Spinductor, offered by Belinda and David Barnes, Quirindi, NSW. Narrego Miss Spinductor is sired by Conductor and out of Sunland Opal, and is a previous supreme champion winner in stock horse classes. She was bought by Robert and Coralie Daly, Hillcrest, Roma, and is now part of their campdrafting team.
A total of $90,000 in cash and prizes will also be offered in the incentive program being held on November 29 to November 30, which includes:
- The Australian Stock Horse Society, Ray White Equine and Darling Downs Branch of the ASHS Open Campdraft for horses purchased through the Dalby ASH Sale since 2010, as well as the 2019 sale horses
- The Western Truck Group Future Champions Incentive Campdraft for horses aged five years and under
- The Edwards Livestock Aged Champions Incentive Campdraft for horses aged six years and over
- The Donrica Stud Horse Gelding Incentive Campdraft which is open to geldings of any age but must be ridden by the owner or immediate family
- The Darling Downs Branch of the ASHS, Circle L and Platinum Saddles Triple Shoot Out in which the winner of the Aged Champions, Future Champions and Gelding Incentive battle it out with the winner taking home the Platinum Trophy Saddle
- The Camm Agricultural Group Stock Horse Incentive Challenge, which is open to horses aged four years and under as well as 2019 sale horses. This event involves station hack and working sections
Entries for the incentive program will close off at 9pm on Sunday, November 17.
Australian Stock Horse Society, Darling Downs Branch president Jim Ryan said he's proud of what has been achieved with the Dalby Australian Stock Horse (ASH) Sale over its 45 years.
"The sale is now one of the featured events on the performance horse calendar and each year we see thousands of spectators, vendors, buyers, competitors and their families make the journey to Dalby for the sale and incentive campdrafts," Mr Ryan said.
"In addition to the sale, our program of events now includes campdrafts, challenges, feedlot team challenges, a ladies morning tea, charity auctions, first-class equine shows, live music, trade sites, retailers from across Australia as well as a fully licensed bar and the Rooftop Steakhouse restaurant," he said.
Mr Ryan thanked event partners Western Downs Regional Council and the Australian Stock Horse Society for their backing.
"We'd also like to thank all our sponsors for ongoing support. It's an event that we're proud to host along with our selling agent Ray White Rural and one we love to share with you all."
- For pre-sale enquiries please contact Ray White Dalby on (07) 4669 8866 Amy Moloney or email email@example.com, and for campdraft information please call Bec Ryan on 0417 995 547