Almost 200 people gathered in Goondiwindi last month to recognise and congratulate the outstanding achievers from within the Macintyre Valley's cotton industry.
Macintyre Valley Cotton Field Day Committee president Jess Strauch said the night was a wonderful celebration filled with enjoyable speeches, moreish food, fantastic entertainment and a generous raffle.
"It was great to see such a large attendance given the tough season the valley had experienced," she said.
"The raffle items and auction raised over $4500 for the Goondiwindi High School Bursary, all of which were kindly donated by local businesses."
Award recipients were:
- Irrigated Crop of the Year - Thomas Popp, RMI, Carrington.
- Dryland Crop of the Year - D & R Gurner, Booroondoo North.
- Water Use Efficiency Award - A & C Doolin, Myall Downs.
- Farm of the Year - Thomas Popp, RMI, Carrington.
- Innovation Award - Maurice Hayes, Hayes Spraying.
- Young Achiever - Tom Coulton, Morella Agriculture.
- Patricia Coutlon Memorial Award - Craig Collyer, RMI.
- Service to the Industry - Glen Smith, Evolution Farming.
Iain Macpherson, Jim O'Connor and Phil Sloan were also acknowledged for their outstanding service and commitment to the Macintyre Valley cotton industry and dedication to the committee and region.