The Rural Doctors Association of Queensland conference drew to a close on Saturday evening with the David Horn Memorial gala dinner and awards ceremony.
Celebrating its 29th year, the conference attracted a record attendance of delegates and medical students.
Award recipients included:
- Backbone of the Bush Award winner: Wendy McPhee
- David Horn Memorial Medal: Marg Moss
- Griffith University student prize winner: Blake Jones.
- James Cook University student prize winner: James Coventon
- University of Queensland student prize winner: Laura Frederiksen
- Bond University student prize winner: Evelyn Webb
- RDAQ Academic Award winner: Elise Witter
- Denis Lennox Medal – Outstanding Rural Generalist Registrar: Dr Bryce Nicol and Dr Cameron Hoare
- RDAQ Meritorious Service Award Winners: Dr Carmel Walker, Dr Neil Beaton, and Dr Alan Ruben
See who we snapped enjoying the evening.