FOR most couples, the ideal honeymoon is the romantic getaway in a secluded destination.
But not for Ari and Sarah McCamley.
Daringly tying the knot on the Saturday before Beef, the couple knew there was one pit stop they’d have to make before heading off overseas – Beef Week.
Both grew up on family properties, Ari near Marlborough and Sarah near Emerald, but now live in Brisbane where they practice law.
But like many country kids living in the big smoke, it was while at the annual Ekka cocktail party hosted by the RNA Future Directions Committee – of which Ari is now chair – that brought the pair together.
Ari proposed in March last year and as they say “the rest is history”.
As Ari traditionally carried his bride over the Showground’s threshold, Queensland Country Life’s Andrea Crothers caught up with the happy couple to find out what else was on the agenda.
10 Reasons why Beef Week is the best honeymoon destination
With newlyweds Ari and Sarah McCamley
1. Because, as a good friend told them recently, when in search of a vacational playground, look no further than the Hamptons…the Rocky Hamptons.
2. Watch the sunset over the Centre Ring before each night's entertainment.
3. Source some foreign investment for an overseas honeymoon.
4. Prepare for life on their return home by attending some of the live cooking demonstrations by Australia's celebrity chefs.
5. Test the compatibility of their own views as they watch two opposing teams of media masters tackle the topic of “Life on the land is full of romance and desire” in the Great Debate.
6. Save on flights, but travel the world with the culinary delights at the International Restaurant.
7. At the end of the week, enjoy a little time apart as Sarah heads to a ladies' luncheon and Ari joins Adam Gilchrist, Craig Lowndes and the boys at the Suncorp Sportsman's Lunch.
8. Relive the moment they met at Ekka 2013 and enjoy the intimate company of 1,200 friends at Friday night's Hats and Heels Cocktail Party.
9. Mingle with Australia's leading stud principals for tips on putting the best calf on the ground.
10. Continue the celebrations at the Beef Australia 2015 Gala Ball.