QUEENSLAND Senator Matt Canavan has touted the north as a “potential powerhouse” for the national economy.
Livestock editor for Queensland Country Life.
TOP honours for the best beef carcase went to New South Wales last night, while West Australian producers took home an armful of awards at the ANZ National Beef Carcase Competition.
DESPITE being softly spoken and self-deprecating, Tim Connolly has a mischievous twinkle in his eye that hints at a roguish past.
ONLY three cattle trains have travelled from Quilpie in just under three years, despite the state government paying Aurizon to provide 325 livestock rail services annually throughout regional Queensland.
THE best beef in the country will be revealed in the ANZ National Beef Carcase Competition at Beef Australia 2015.
IT WAS a festival of regional rugby at Rockhampton's Rugby Park last weekend, where Wide Bay, Western Queensland and CQ Brahmans clashed.
CENTRAL Queensland is already an agricultural powerhouse valued at more than $1 billion, but imagine if more water from the Fitzroy River Catchment area could be captured and stored.
IT IS the end of the road for a mob of western Queensland cattle that have been out on the long paddock for well over a year.
THE record heat in February and March, a plague of locusts and a lack of rain could have spelt disaster for many sorghum growers in central Queensland, but not for the Armstrongs.
IT may be called the Beef Capital of Australia, but you may be hard-pressed to find home-grown and locally killed beef for sale in Rockhampton. With next month’s Beef Australia a major event on the city’s calendar, retired beef producer Lex Lawrie decided it was time to highlight the situation.
- The accident came on the final night of the Woodford Show.
- Forecast rain could give Qld farmers a last chance for winter crops.
- THANKS to showers in December and January, the 2014-15 season is looking positive for the Peters family at Norwin.
- Queensland primary producers were ringing to begin the process of applying for the Farm Household Allowance extension before Agriculture Minister, David Littleproud, had finished making the announcement last week.
- Bush trainers battle the Doomben turf among Group One glory.
- It was a successful one-off fixture and that's how it should stay say many.
- See the video for yourself.
- HGPs cause no harm to cattle and years of scientific research have shown that meat from them is completely safe for human consumption.
- The sale of Canaway Downs will give graziers the opportunity to buy into the tightly held Quilpie district.
- Green cities of the future and how consumers view the fresh produce supply chain were key issues in a Hort Connections panel discussion.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.