Reaching the top price was Cambil Everest Manso 4994 at the Wilangi Invitational Brahman Sale.
Livestock Marketing Consultant
The Brangus breed continued its growth in strength this year with very solid results and an increase in demand to spread genetics into other states at the Australian Brangus Cattle Association sale at the Central Queensland Livestock Exchange, Gracemere last week.
Day one of the Australian Brangus Cattle Association Sale certainly started with a bang with the sale topping with a $26,000 high for Telpara Hills Miss Foundation by Suhn’s Foundation 331Z28 (P) who was snapped up by Lake Majestik Brangus, Alabama, USA and offered by the Pearce family.
As the clouds started to build so too the momentum of the sale with top price being reached for Tannyfoil Marco L122 of $20,000.
- The Australian Agricultural Company’s $100 million beef processing plant near Darwin is to be mothballed
- A third of Australia's meat plants are running at only 80 per cent capacity or less
- Warwick abattoir expansion will increase efficiency and production.
- There were 5664 cattle offered at Tuesday's Roma store sale.
- The Outback Barbarians have beaten the Dallas Harlequins in the first game of the touring team's 2018 US tour.
- The potential for western Queensland to be one of Australia’s largest renewable energy sites was showcased at Longreach on Tuesday.
- Mount Tyson property Clearview sold under the hammer for $1.35 million while Hamstead at Cecil Plains made $3.35m.
- There are new cameras on the Western Highway that will target dangerous drivers with new technology.
- Brendan Wade updates news from around the saleyards.
- Westpac produced the best first half earnings result of the banking sector.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.