Consultant Don Nicol receives ARCBA award.
National Agriculture Writer - Beef
Shan Goodwin steers Fairfax Media’s national coverage of the beef industry. Shan has worked as a journalist for more than 20 years, the majority of that with agricultural publications. She spent many years as The Land’s North Coast reporter and has visited beef properties and stations throughout the country and overseas. Shan feels a need to play whatever small role she can in supporting Australia’s beef supply chain given how much beef her family consumes. She treats all breeds equally.
- A feral pig hunt in North Queensland sparked furore from city slickers after a photo of the carcasses was posted online.
- Find out what it will mean for business in the area.
- Amanda Moohen manages the 10,000SCU Wonga Plains feedlot with style.
- Murweh Mayor Annie Liston praised the work of volunteers and sponsors.
- The potential for western Queensland to be one of Australia’s largest renewable energy sites was showcased at Longreach on Tuesday.
- Bulls sold to a top of $14,000 at the Nindooinbah Brangus and Ultra Black sale at Beaudesert.
- Members of the public are unable to attend this year's Western Queensland Local Government Association conference in Emerald.
- A free anthrax workshop will be held next week for graziers.
- The event will be held at Ladybrook Farm as part of Eat Local.
- A third of Australia's meat plants are running at only 80 per cent capacity or less
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.