THE WA Pastoralists and Graziers’ Association has fired a warning shot at panicked east coast politicians warning them about consequences of banning the live sheep trade.
TRANSPORT Minister Michael McCormack has announced the appointment of former Deputy Prime Minister and Nationals leader Warren Truss as Chair of the Australian Rail Track Corporation.
Michael McCormack says live animal exporters are ‘very much on notice’ and any that transgress in future should be stripped of their export licenses.
Bill Shorten has rocked political ranks today, in calling for an immediate ban on live sheep exports to the Middle East.
DISSENTING calls to ban live sheep exports within the Coalition government have been backed by the Greens but rejected by David Littleproud.
FIERCE debate has erupted amongst national livestock farming groups about fresh moves to try to adopt an Inspector General for Animal Welfare dedicated to live exports.
MICHAEL McCormack will give his first major live televised speech today at the National Press Club since becoming leader, outlining his political priorities for regional Australians.
LIVESTOCK industry representatives are holding an emergency meeting tonight to discuss plans to potentially backflip on an independent Inspector General of Animal Welfare.
David Littleproud says the live cattle exports have undergone a cultural shift in Vietnam and now “accepted” Australia's animal welfare standards.
Animal rights activists are set to face trespass charges in court next month, following a mass raid and pro-vegan protest at a Queensland piggery.
- Transporters frustrated by lack of disposal pits available.
- Muttaburra property Stockholm has sold at a Colliers International auction for $3.85 million.
- DISSENTING calls to ban live sheep exports within the Coalition government have been backed by the Greens but rejected by David Littleproud.
- Prime agricultural land needs to be protected. The current state planning framework has become convoluted and complicated and is not delivering the best outcomes for land use.
- Michael McCormack says live animal exporters are ‘very much on notice’ and any that transgress in future should be stripped of their export licenses.
- In it's first year as part of the Sydney Royal Cheese and Dairy Produce competition, camel milk has set a high standard.
- The $23m building was officially opened in Winton's Way Out West festival on Friday.
- Brisbane MP Mark Furner has been named Queensland's new agriculture minister.
- The $1 milk crisis almost folded his business, but Dale Fortescue is back with a bang.
- Step back in time and see if you recognise any faces from our gallery of photos from Beef Week 2000 and 2003.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.