The mining town of Opalton features in newest television series.
Senior Journalist - North West Star
Samantha Walton has worked for regional and rural publications, including Moree Champion (2015), North West Star (2016), North Queensland Register (2017) and has since returned to the North West Star as the senior journalist. Relocating to north west Queensland in 2015, Sam found her passion for the beef industry and now enjoys station life and horse riding.
Winton local Sally Carrington graduated with a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from James Cook University.
After 20 years of business, Ringrose Transport and Gulf Wholesale Services will close their doors.
A proposed meat processing plant in north west Queensland has received major project status from the federal government.
Katter’s Australian Party state leader Robbie Katter has voiced his support for the dredging of the Gulf catchment to allow operation and expansion of the Karumba Live Export.
The Gulf Cattleman’s Association highlighted their projects and concerns at the Meat and Livestock Beef Up Forum in Karumba on Friday.
Karumba Live Export (KLE) facility is relying on deep, annual dredging of the Gulf of Carpentaria catchment to continue its shipments and potential to expand.
Widespread rainfall for eastern Queensland is expected to continue this week with moderate to heavy falls moving into North Queensland.
- A Labor dominated parliamentary committee has recommended controversial new vegetation laws be passed.
- Relations between Queensland farmers and the Palaszczuk government have hit a new low over vegetation laws.
- They are well known for their Guinness World record wheat plant but Westmar's Coggan family have recently turned to prime lambs to further diversify their mixed farming business.
- It wouldn’t be Beef Australia without the Two Mad Hatters.
- For Kelvin and Kelly Bethel, Namuel Station, Georgetown, live export will always be a part of the business.
- Tansey Polocrosse Club has taken on the hosting duties of the first South East Zone carnival to be held this weekend.
- THE northern Maranoa property Chain-o-Holes - aptly named because of its massive 26km double frontage to the Maranoa River - will be auctioned in Roma on February 27.
- Japanese feeding techniques are delivering for specialist Wagyu producer Takao Suzuki.
- Raw Cotton Australia will be a game-changer for the cotton industry, selling cotton post-ginning.
- George the Farmer has become an important vehicle in educating children about where their food comes from, and to appreciate farmers’ efforts, skill and time.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.