A property owner has been fined almost $1 million for illegally clearing native scrubland in central Queensland.
- Michael Baker's attempts protect his 9000-hectare Eidsvold property Chess Park from bushfires has landed him in court.
- Australia’s largest privately owned cattle producer is undertaking a new husbandry pain relief trial.
- Producers disgusted with Parmalat's criticisms.
- After listening to the enticing projections and upbeat buzz around possibilities for Australian beef shared at the recent ABARES Outlook conference, I was left feeling a little conflicted.
- Queensland livestock agency Grant, Daniel, Long is staking a claim to stud livestock sales traditionally run by the corporate agent networks
- A new Farm Debt Restructure Office has been established in Queensland with the aim of tackling farm debt.
- Months after the first education drought support payments lightened the load in bank accounts of rural families, the Queensland council of the Isolated Children’s Parents’ Association is lobbying for it to become a permanent part of drought assistance in the state.
- Senator John “Wacka” Williams says he would not be surprised if his Parkinson's disease was caused by a lengthy pre-political life, working with farm chemicals.
- Join Queensland Country Life and our Food Heroes partners each month as we tour different agricultural businesses.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.