The Land caught up with each of the eight finalists at Rabobank’s FoodBytes pitchfest.
- An appetite for risk mixed with business adaptability has enabled Australia’s largest live exporter of Wagyu cattle to keep pace with changing Japanese beef consumer demands.
- Toobeah farmers say they are being flooded out of business as the direct result of what they say are illegal structures constructed across the floodplain.
- John Howard, Mountain View, Biloela, burnt almost 50 per cent of his property last year in an attempt to combat unexplained dieback.
- Bureaucratic red tape is threatening to undermine the Longreach Regional Council’s $18m cluster fencing scheme and the wider exclusion fencing program around Queensland.
- MLA are treating pasture dieback as the equivalent of an animal disease outbreak.
- Shoppers now have the information they need to make informed choices when it comes to buying free-range eggs
- Producers have never been good at adopting successful pasture research, because it's relatively new, and done without integrated producer input.
- It's been a tough season for cotton growers around Dirranbandi and St George, including Cubbie Station.
- Celebrations at Yaraka recall a grand transcontinental railway plan of a century ago.
- Quail Island is a working cattle operation off the Central Queensland coast.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.