- David Leyonhjelm says 800,000 firearms owners won't vote for major political parties due to a government decision to tighten gun control measures.
- Federal Treasurer Scott Morrison has approved the sale of most of S. Kidman and Company’s outback pastoral business to the joint venture led by mining billionaire Gina Rinehart.
- A CRUSHING majority of contributors to an online poll believe the Adler 110 lever action shotgun should not be re-classified as a Category D weapon.
- Karen Emmott was standing in her chookyard, 156km from Longreach, taking photos of her new ducklings when all of a sudden her mobile phone starting pinging with incoming text messages.
- MOB based tracing of sheep is under threat as Victoria’s move to mandate electronic tags from next year puts pressure on the five million interstate sheep killed annually in the southern state’s abattoirs.
- Men – including those in regional areas like farmers facing situational distress – are three times more likely to die by suicide than women but current prevention methods favour females.
- The 2016 cane crush season is drawing to a close in Far North Queensland.
- Gina Rinehart will be one of Australia’s top three beef producers following the S. Kidman and Company deal
- A farewell dinner for ABBA general manager John Croaker is underway in Rockhampton tonight.
- The blue ribbon Ilfracombe property Willowie has sold prior to auction to a Central Queensland buyer.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.