QUEENSLAND Senator Matt Canavan has touted the north as a “potential powerhouse” for the national economy.
Livestock editor for Queensland Country Life.
TOP honours for the best beef carcase went to New South Wales last night, while West Australian producers took home an armful of awards at the ANZ National Beef Carcase Competition.
DESPITE being softly spoken and self-deprecating, Tim Connolly has a mischievous twinkle in his eye that hints at a roguish past.
ONLY three cattle trains have travelled from Quilpie in just under three years, despite the state government paying Aurizon to provide 325 livestock rail services annually throughout regional Queensland.
THE best beef in the country will be revealed in the ANZ National Beef Carcase Competition at Beef Australia 2015.
IT WAS a festival of regional rugby at Rockhampton's Rugby Park last weekend, where Wide Bay, Western Queensland and CQ Brahmans clashed.
CENTRAL Queensland is already an agricultural powerhouse valued at more than $1 billion, but imagine if more water from the Fitzroy River Catchment area could be captured and stored.
IT IS the end of the road for a mob of western Queensland cattle that have been out on the long paddock for well over a year.
THE record heat in February and March, a plague of locusts and a lack of rain could have spelt disaster for many sorghum growers in central Queensland, but not for the Armstrongs.
IT may be called the Beef Capital of Australia, but you may be hard-pressed to find home-grown and locally killed beef for sale in Rockhampton. With next month’s Beef Australia a major event on the city’s calendar, retired beef producer Lex Lawrie decided it was time to highlight the situation.
- The quiet passing of admired cattleman and industry leader John Underwood AM, has left heavy hearts but a significant legacy across the NT and northern cattle industry and community.
- You can't take your couch or your whip to Willowbank Raceway this weekend.
- Check out who we snapped enjoying the Roma Picnic Races on Saturday afternoon.
- What will drive consumer food purchases in the future?
- First phase of the three tiered of RNA Paddock to Palate complete.
- Hancock Prospecting has spent more than $50 million on cattle properties in the Maranoa.
- Water consultant Tom Crothers believes the Adani Mine should not be exempt from new laws relating to groundwater passed by Queensland's Parliament last week.
- Boom time for Goondiwindi? A $100m abattoir might be the start
- Telstra has released its first 4G Blue Tick smartphones aimed at people living and working in rural and regional areas.
- Cooyar cattle producer Chris Mylett is hoping for rain this Spring after an average season for his fodder oats crop.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.