Cook meat like you mean it, says food blogger with a love for beef.
National Agriculture Writer - Beef
Shan Goodwin steers Fairfax Media’s national coverage of the beef industry. Shan has worked as a journalist for more than 20 years, the majority of that with agricultural publications. She spent many years as The Land’s North Coast reporter and has visited beef properties and stations throughout the country and overseas. Shan feels a need to play whatever small role she can in supporting Australia’s beef supply chain given how much beef her family consumes. She treats all breeds equally.
INDUSTRY domestic marketing campaigns this year tapped into that seemingly ingrained value Australians clearly have for beef.
The upward climb of retail beef prices since 2013, which has run very much in sync with cattle prices for the past two years, came to a halt in the first part of this year.
SHOCK resignations, personality clashes, leaked emails, internal politics boiling over and a rather hefty executive churn were all part and parcel of life in Australia’s beef business in 2017.
- Deputy Premier Jackie Trad has been appointed to Treasurer in a Cabinet reshuffle ahead of a Labor caucus meeting today.
- Police have located stolen calves on a property at Yuleba North.
- Telstra has released its first 4G Blue Tick smartphones aimed at people living and working in rural and regional areas.
- Australia’s fastest growing big scale beef producer has packed a lot into the past year and shows no sign of slowing in 2018.
- A south west community health director is one of ten outstanding young Queenslanders named in the third annual AIM30.
- Westridge Meats in Toowoomba has scored top honours with its boneless ham in the Australian Ham Awards.
- The official Canadian forecaster has made massive upgrades to the size of the 2017 crop in the North American nation.
- Police have arrested and charged six members of the Comanchero Outlaw Motorcycle Gang following investigations into an assault and stabbing incident last month.
- Biddeston beef producer Ken Baldwin is measuring his carbon footprint to increase the efficiency of his feeding program.
- International markets are watching to see how rain has affected the size and quality of the Australian wheat crop.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.