THE importer of the lever action shotgun banned by the Federal Government late last month, Robert Nioa, says he was "surprised" by the move.
IN A US$75 million deal, Wilkie Creek coal mine has been sold by Peabody Energy to Sekitan Resources.
LIVESTOCK transporters are one step closer to driving type 2 road trains through to the Roma Saleyards from western routes.
NEW guidelines have been developed to help ensure the safety of truck drivers and improve animal welfare outcomes during across Australia.
FRANK Benson and Lee Collett say allowing type 2 road trains (triples) through to the Roma Saleyards from western routes would make their jobs significantly safer.
UPDATED: A 43-YEAR-OLD Injune truck driver has been killed while trying to decouple a trailer at Butchers Hill, five kilometres west of Roma.
THE strength of Queensland store market was tested and found secure as a massive 11,000 head went under the hammer at the Roma store sale on Tuesday.
IT has been 80 years since Queensland's 15th governor, Sir Leslie Orme Wilson, led the charge to create a health service to help children living in isolated Queensland areas
A MOVE away from cropping to an operation focused solely on beef production has highlighted the importance of getting the foundations of breeding management spot on for Kingaroy producers Hugh and Rosslyn Campbell.
- The iconic Central Queensland property Tedlands Station will be auctioned by Hourn & Bishop Qld in Rockhampton on July 25.
- Australian chemical technology promises to boost the effectiveness of herbicides such as glyphosate by 40 per cent, or more
- Testing is showing that fat from Australian White sheep has a melting point similar to Wagyu meat, giving it big ticks in the eating quality and health worlds.
- WEST Australian Liberal Senator Chris Back talks candidly about his eight year political career and some of his toughest challenges, like the Indonesian cattle ban crisis.
- The dry conditions in Australia do not look like easing up soon, in spite of fears of El Niño dissipating.
- Global discount supermarket chain ALDI is planning to open a new store in Dalby.
- One Moura farmer has been planting chickpea back-to-back for three years.
- Roma Cities, the Dalby Diehards, Eidsvold Eagles, Normanton Stingers, Atherton Roosters and Quilpie Magpies are among 12 grass roots rugby league clubs featured on the new XXXX Origin Series cans and bottles.
- Why Goondiwindi's Woods Grain is diversifying into algae farming.
- A Mundubbera family have already received an order for 9000 posts.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.