ISSUES consistently championed by Queensland Country Life over the years – controlling wild dogs, managing macropod pressure, banking practices, and poor telecommunications – were once again at the forefront of issues brought out at the bush forum in Longreach on Saturday morning.
LANDHOLDERS battling dense infestations of coral cactus in Queensland’s rangelands could have a new ally by December.
A COMBINATION of animals and mechanics are reducing prickly acacia for Longreach goat producer Colin Forrest.
Mitchell grass specialist Dave Phelps has hopeful news for the many landholders in western Queensland.
FOR a group of north Queensland volunteers, coffee is an evil they are doing their best to root out.
A COUNTRY connection has spurred agricultural software company Agdata to go to Blackall for a day to help bush people build their resilience to drought.
INCREASED state government funding will provide two full-time outreach support workers in the drought-stricken central west.
AN upgrade to the Barcaldine telephone exchange has been moved forward a number of months following community outrage.
HIS father was forced to give up his property but Richmond’s Corbett Tritton is the first person to say he has a good rapport with his bank.
- News that the iconic Betoota Hotel is to reopen has the outback bush telegraph buzzing.
- NACC sends 1600 crossbred beef cattle from northern Australia to China.
- The record books were rewritten today at the Roma Saleyards when steers from Glen Valley Pastoral Co went under the hammer.
- Dirranbandi appears on track for above average yielding cotton crops, despite some excessive hot weather.
- The pulse sector is hoping new Ag Minister David Littleproud will take no prisoners on the topic of pulse tariffs during his visit to India.
- Phillip Bate analyses news from the Queensland racing scene.
- Searing temperatures and lack of rain have farmers worried about how crops will cope.
- The quokka joey is the first to be bred at the Central Coast wildlife sanctuary.
- Darling Downs farmers are still recovering from a major wind and hail storm which ripped across the region on Boxing Day.
- Successful cattle property at Greenvale is set to go under the hammer.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.