A SENATE inquiry into primary production financial lending has made 27 recommendations aimed at enhancing farmers’ powers and rights in sensitive areas like debt mediation and farm foreclosures.
Outgoing LiveCorp Chairman David Galvin has expressed an unusually blunt view of the challenging economic conditions faced by the nation’s live exports industry.
Political pressure continued to confront the Australian beef cattle sector in 2017 amid several significant reform challenges.
DEALING with the local rollout of the inland rail’s construction is a double edged sword for rural members of federal parliament like Mark Coulton.
Queensland Nationals Senator Barry O’Sullivan speaks about his role in instigating a banking Royal Commission. that will also examine farming issues
Farmers have welcomed the banking Royal Commission as a “good thing” as a retrospective investigation to uncover and resolve poor practices towards the farm sector.
Removal of National Livestock Identification (NLIS) tags in “cattle duffing” is one of the concerns driving a Royal Commission into the banking sector.
Malcolm Turnbull has announced a Royal Commission into the banking sector will go ahead, following intensifying political pressure.
IMPACTED landholders can now comment on the federal government’s proposed route for the largest segment of the inland rail project – the Narromine to Narrabri corridor in NSW.
- Gold coins combined with blue shirts at Jundah when the Outback Barrel Horse Circuit raised money and awareness of bullying.
- Hancock Prospecting has spent more than $50 million on cattle properties in the Maranoa.
- Croppa Creek farmer Sam Bailey hopes sharing his story will prompt people to think about the consequences of their actions on the road.
- On a wall within view of Illawarra Sports High School’s soccer pitch, a likeness of the late Les Murray smiles down over his old stomping ground, a beacon of possibility.
- THE widow of a Queensland farmer killed in a car accident has won a legal battle for compensation to help her continue the couple's farm.
- The Queensland Ag Shows conference at Gatton on the weekend, hosted by the Next Generation committee, brought together show society committee members from around the state.
- It was all about footy in Clermont this afternoon, with the women and men fighting it out.
- Entries are now open for the Young Chef Ambassador Competition.
- News that the iconic Betoota Hotel is to reopen has the outback bush telegraph buzzing.
- A group of enthusiasts are dedicated to preserving an important slice of Australia’s pastoral history.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.