Australian Wool Innovation are forging ahead with the launch of a digital wool selling system, despite rival service providers threatening legal action over ongoing data ownership concerns.
National Sheep & Wool Writer
Annabelle Cleeland is Fairfax Media’s national sheep and wool writer. Annabelle joined the Fairfax team in 2012 to nurture her love of Australian agriculture. She began as the Victorian western district reporter at Stock & Land before taking on a senior position as a journalist reporting on all industries statewide. Annabelle’s appetite to report on issues which affect the sheep and wool industry has seen her travel to many parts of Australia and abroad. She is excited to spin industry yarns during a period of substantial demand for the sheepmeat and wool industries. Annabelle enjoys horse riding and climbing mountains, and is a lazy supporter of the Geelong Football Club.
A BACCHUS Marsh man has been arrested following a Police investigation into a series of alleged wool thefts in Melbourne earlier this year.
TALENT among Australia’s wool export companies are hotting up with new kids on the block, Endeavour Wool, climbing to be one of the country’s largest exporter in just three months of operating.
WITH European Union expected to be Australia’s lamb industry’s most high-paying market, attention on the country’s animal welfare and environment practices are anticipated to intensify.
SOUTH Australian Merino breeder Sydney Lawrie has been announced as chair of the 2018 WoolPoll panel.
WOOLGROWER shareholders have complained of missing ballot papers following a close contest for AWI's board election.
Wool broker Don Macdonald has secured a seat at Australian Wool Innovation’s board table, as the industry group looks to advance robotic shearing with an unexpected $17 million in surplus revenue.
OUTSIDER Don Macdonald has secured a seat at the Australian Wool Innovation board table, despite failing to receive the influential endorsement of chairman Wal Merriman.
- Consolidated Pastoral Company has bought the Banana property Emu's Nest for $8.325 million.
- Chickpea prices tumbled by a further $50 to $680 delivered Brisbane in the past week.
- Moree's biggest racing event did not disappoint this year.
- A small Lego farmer has taken the internet by storm, garnering over 13,000 followers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- THE inventor of the world's first banana flour is taking the gluten-free product to the next level.
- From bug checking in Gundy to the UNE in Armidale.
- Graneta Limousin create new Australia on-property sale average.
- Police have charged a Springsure woman over drought subsidy claims.
- A long-awaited roof to protect and preserve the aircraft telling the Qantas story is a step closer, thanks to the announcement of an $11.3 million allocation towards the Qantas Founders Museum’s Airpark Roof Project.
- The melon capital of Australia, Chinchilla, is in the middle of sticky weekend.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.