Despite finishing equal fourth, Will Comiskey says he values his achievements in this year's Mongol Derby more than last year, when he was a joint winner.
There has been immediate condemnation of the findings of a report into Australia’s gun laws, commissioned by Gun Control Australia.
There has been a mixed response to news that a new Great Artesian Basin plan, incorporating water trading, came into operation at the beginning of September.
Despite rumours, local governments have not withdrawn their funding from regional 1080 baiting programs, according to AgForce's wild dog coordinator, Brett Carlsson.
State and federal politicians alike have welcomed the news that both Townsville and Rockhampton will operate as FIFO hubs for the Carmichael Mine construction.
Increased Sky Muster data allowances, brought in from the start of October, are being welcomed excitedly by internet users in the bush.
Hundreds are expected to flock to Winton on Monday to farewell the shire’s much-loved mayor, Graham “Butch” Lenton.
Queensland’s livestock trucking industry is mourning the passing of Alan 'Buddo' Grant at Winton.
Rural people under 65 who have shunned conventional superannuation are finding themselves ineligible for Farm Household Allowance under Centrelink’s rules.
- In the event of snake bite, snake identification is unnecessary and can be dangerous, says Royal Flying Doctor Service.
- Some places have seen more than 500mm in 48 hours.
- Opinion: Deputy LNP Leader, Deb Frecklington, says that under regulations passed last week, law abiding owners will be able to keep their lever-action shotguns.
- Lifeline encourages producers to apply for Community funding.
- OCTOBER rain has injected optimism into the northern cropping zone, with analysts suggesting a sorghum crop of up to 2mt is possible.
- Sugar millers are disappointed a disallowance motion that would have removed the Sugar Industry Code of Conduct had failed in the Senate.
- Better understanding and responding to community concern about beef production could be the most important thing we do, according to Charters Towers beef producer Emma Robinson.
- IN 1864 two brothers - Henry and Thomas Crothers -settled an 11,253-hectare property, Booligar, near Dirranbandi.
- The beef industry must ensure it maintains its social license within the community, which is critical in providing access to global markets.
- Addiction should be treated as an illness, not a crime, says a man who tried to help an addict.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.