The Gulf Cattleman’s Association highlighted their projects and concerns at the Meat and Livestock Beef Up Forum in Karumba on Friday.
Samantha Walton has worked for regional and rural publications, including Moree Champion, North West Star and now the North Queensland Register. Hailing from a small country town in New South Wales, Sam worked with GrainCorp for four years and has a broad knowledge of cropping practices. Relocating to north west Queensland in 2015, Sam found her passion for the beef industry and now enjoys station life and horse riding.
Karumba Live Export (KLE) facility is relying on deep, annual dredging of the Gulf of Carpentaria catchment to continue its shipments and potential to expand.
Widespread rainfall for eastern Queensland is expected to continue this week with moderate to heavy falls moving into North Queensland.
Graziers and industry representatives from across Northern Queensland gathered in Karumba for the annual MLA Beef Up Forum and Gala Ball.
Charters Towers Combined Agents yarded a total of 1385 cattle on October 11, consisting of 592 prime cattle and 793 store cattle.
Women that are current and emerging leaders in the horticulture industry can now apply for a leadership development scholarship opportunity valued at up to $5,470.
North Queensland growers are encouraged to attend workshops across the region to be informed about financial incentives of short term employment opportunities.
The future of Bowen’s water supply has been secured following the completion of vital upgrades to the Hay Gully pipeline, funded by the Palaszczuk Government.
The stories of fifty-five, unique, Gulf of Carpentaria women, have been shared with the wider community after Gulf Women, was launched in Burketown on Saturday.
Representatives of a key Queensland agricultural lobby group have given a glowing endorsement of the Tablelands region, praising its innovative qualities and resilience after a recent visit.
- THE man behind the the latest cattle industry ginger group, John Gunthorpe, is an enigma.
- See all the photos from the QRRRWN Queensland Country Life Gala Dinner.
- TITLE DEEDS: Bellevue Hill's grand residence Vanora officially on offer for $26.5 million; Darlinghurst landmark Villa Moderna has sold again less than a year after it last traded: and sports and entertainment manager Basil Scaffidi scores a Tamarama suburb high.
- The national broadband network is losing money on each suburb it connects.
- Find out just how many ewes and lambs this St George wool grower is expecting to keep alive this lambing season by using drought lotting.
- DAF staff are assessing the impact of flooding and heavy rain on crops and infrastructure.
- The 28,500 hectare Windorah property Coniston has sold immediately after auction.
- See who was at the first night of the QRRRWN conference
- You won't believe what drones could be doing in the grains industry in a few years.
- Maranoa Regional Council has been successful in securing $1.3 million towards the Roma Saleyards Improvement Plan from the State’s 2017–19 Local Government Grants and Subsidies Program.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.