The mining town of Opalton features in newest television series.
Senior Journalist - North West Star
Samantha Walton has worked for regional and rural publications, including Moree Champion (2015), North West Star (2016), North Queensland Register (2017) and has since returned to the North West Star as the senior journalist. Relocating to north west Queensland in 2015, Sam found her passion for the beef industry and now enjoys station life and horse riding.
Winton local Sally Carrington graduated with a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from James Cook University.
After 20 years of business, Ringrose Transport and Gulf Wholesale Services will close their doors.
A proposed meat processing plant in north west Queensland has received major project status from the federal government.
Katter’s Australian Party state leader Robbie Katter has voiced his support for the dredging of the Gulf catchment to allow operation and expansion of the Karumba Live Export.
The Gulf Cattleman’s Association highlighted their projects and concerns at the Meat and Livestock Beef Up Forum in Karumba on Friday.
Karumba Live Export (KLE) facility is relying on deep, annual dredging of the Gulf of Carpentaria catchment to continue its shipments and potential to expand.
Widespread rainfall for eastern Queensland is expected to continue this week with moderate to heavy falls moving into North Queensland.
- Sometimes it takes a tragedy to cut through the noise and remind us of the power of words.
- See who was floating about in The Courier social pages in April, 2008.
- News that the iconic Betoota Hotel is to reopen has the outback bush telegraph buzzing.
- A group of enthusiasts are dedicated to preserving an important slice of Australia’s pastoral history.
- A Springsure couple is organising a charity rodeo in February to support the Dolly's Dream Foundation aim to increase awareness of youth suicide and bullying.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.