A new slow clothing movement is encouraging people to focus on quality, local, and natural fibres.
- Everest is cold, punishing, expensive and 'a spectacular drain of time'. But it is also 'stunningly beautiful'. The first Tasmanian to reach the summit shares his story with ISABEL BIRD.
- Most consumers are damaging avocados by squeezing the fruit before purchasing it.
- The Paroo shire mayor has come out swinging in the wake of news that the federal government has negotiated the “strategic purchase” of an unknown quantity of water.
- The woman at the centre of the Barnaby Joyce bum-pinching scandal has broken her silence.
- WARNINGS have been sounded about the new South African President's potentially radical policy allowing government to strip land off farmers, without any compensation.
- George Christensen says Barnaby Joyce has been a victim of “trial by media” that will see a “nastier, more personal and more vindictive form of politics” in future.
- Take a trip down memory lane with these decade-old photos from the Mercury's archives.
- Barnaby Joyce and Vikki Campion claim they have been hounded from their Armidale home.
- Amid headlines of drought and dust, Murweh shire mayor, Annie Liston, is finding lots of positives for her region.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.