David Leyonhjelm says 800,000 firearms owners won't vote for major political parties due to a government decision to tighten gun control measures.
- A farewell dinner for ABBA general manager John Croaker is underway in Rockhampton tonight.
- A CRUSHING majority of contributors to an online poll believe the Adler 110 lever action shotgun should not be re-classified as a Category D weapon.
- Karen Emmott was standing in her chookyard, 156km from Longreach, taking photos of her new ducklings when all of a sudden her mobile phone starting pinging with incoming text messages.
- MOB based tracing of sheep is under threat as Victoria’s move to mandate electronic tags from next year puts pressure on the five million interstate sheep killed annually in the southern state’s abattoirs.
- ON A cool May evening in 1978, my mother lay exhausted in the Inglewood Hospital.
- Men – including those in regional areas like farmers facing situational distress – are three times more likely to die by suicide than women but current prevention methods favour females.
- KAP state crossbenchers Rob Katter and Shane Knuth have slammed the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) resolution to tighten restrictions on lever-action shotguns.
- Taxpayers are being charged millions of dollars to fund think tanks closely aligned to the major political parties.
- HORTICULTURIST Michael Lockery decided to expand his opportunities and set up a hydroponic business at Longreach.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.