The pulse sector looks set to build on the momentum created by the International Year of the Pulse.
A Rupanyup farmer is value-adding his pulse crop by selling retail sized packages at farmers markets in Melbourne.
- An appetite for risk mixed with business adaptability has enabled Australia’s largest live exporter of Wagyu cattle to keep pace with changing Japanese beef consumer demands.
- John Howard, Mountain View, Biloela, burnt almost 50 per cent of his property last year in an attempt to combat unexplained dieback.
- Toobeah farmers say they are being flooded out of business as the direct result of what they say are illegal structures constructed across the floodplain.
- Bureaucratic red tape is threatening to undermine the Longreach Regional Council’s $18m cluster fencing scheme and the wider exclusion fencing program around Queensland.
- Shoppers now have the information they need to make informed choices when it comes to buying free-range eggs
- MLA are treating pasture dieback as the equivalent of an animal disease outbreak.
- Producers have never been good at adopting successful pasture research, because it's relatively new, and done without integrated producer input.
- North Star mother, Pamela Schramm has written a book after struggling to tell her young children that she had been diagnoised with cancer. She'll tell her story at the 2016 Weengallon Racing Pink Ladies Day on Wednesday.
- Polled Bungaribee Jalilah 2275 stole the show at Rocky’s All Stars Elite Brahman Female Sale at CQLX Gracemere reaching $18,000.
- Roma Saleyards retains number one spot for 2015/16 financial year.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.