Whenever a group of country people gets together, a few drinks and good conversation is not far behind.
- A DECISION to double-crop chickpeas behind sorghum looks set to pay dividends for Springsure farmer Graham Lloyd.
- Lower wool volumes saw the wool market continue to strengthen despite the rising Australian dollar.
- AgForce Cattle president Bim Struss says a $138 million commitment to upgrade key beef roads will make it easier to transport livestock to markets.
- The Great Barrier Reef Report Card showed great progress towards targets for nutrient, chemical and sediment runoff.
- Gracmere CQLX was abuzz this morning, as the Lancefield Brahmans sale topped at $50,000 with a 100 per cent clearance.
- A new record high of $3060 per head was paid for a commercial herd line of 20-22 month-old first-calf Angus heifers at Wodonga store cattle market on Thursday.
- Farmers are flat out building fences, yards, sheds, new dams or other water infrastructure, or buying new tractors and farm machinery.
- First time dryland cotton growers are lining up in droves to join the fibre crop’s rebounding fortunes after an unusually wet winter sets the scene for a 4 million bale crop.
- Newly engaged couple Steven Swan and Allison Hotz were the successful purchasers of the $80,000 Karragarra Marcus at the National Droughtmaster sale today.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.