Some of Australia's largest grazing families are today set to trump a bid by Gina Rinehart and a Chinese investor for S. Kidman and Company by going to Canberra to announce a $375 million unconditional bid.
- Those living in and around Dirranbandi fear future water buybacks after seeing such negative results from the sell-off of 66 gigalitres.
- The Bayer-Monsanto merger deal, which will create a company controlling more than a quarter of the combined world market for seeds and pesticides, has Queensland farmers concerned.
- Little scientific work has been done on how water impacts feed intake, growth or reproductive performance in cattle but that is changing, thanks to Central Queensland University's Lauren Williams.
- Australia and Indonesia are continuing negotiations this week on potentially adopting an annual quota system for live cattle exports.
- KNOWING what your cattle are worth and not being at the mercy of markets or the weather are just two of the advantages Mike and Maureen Borello have identified from following principles outlined by the livestock trading program offered by KLR Marketing.
- Numbers at the Dirranbandi State School have halved in the wake of water buybacks creating serious financial issues for local small businesses.
- The dirt roads might be impassible around Queensland’s central west at the moment but nothing was going to stop Jack and Billy Banks from getting home for their school holidays.
- A forum in Goondiwindi is seeking to maximise the utilisation of the South West Rail Network's existing rail infrastructure.
- A legal representative for the Roma combined agents association has stepped forward to voice widespread angst over the introduction of a buyer fee at the Roma Saleyards.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.