When cattleman Sterling Buntine landed in Darwin on Monday, after travelling to Canberra to make a $386 million bid for Australia's largest landholder S.Kidman and Company, he turned the key in his semi trailer and headed for home – Alroy Downs – more than 1000 kilometres away.
- Whenever a group of country people gets together, a few drinks and good conversation is not far behind.
- AgForce Cattle president Bim Struss says a $138 million commitment to upgrade key beef roads will make it easier to transport livestock to markets.
- Tasmania's temperate climate has researchers hoping to see commercial wheat crops of up to 14 tonnes a hectare by 2020.
- Restockers are driving the cattle market more than ever, now paying a premium over processors of just under 50 cents a kilogram carcase weight.
- After 10 years of lobbying, the shires of Barcoo and Diamantina have received notification that a project to deliver fibre optic cable to five small communities has been approved under the federal government Stronger Regions Program.
- Gracmere CQLX was abuzz this morning, as the Lancefield Brahmans sale topped at $50,000 with a 100 per cent clearance.
- A new record high of $3060 per head was paid for a commercial herd line of 20-22 month-old first-calf Angus heifers at Wodonga store cattle market on Thursday.
- Farmers are flat out building fences, yards, sheds, new dams or other water infrastructure, or buying new tractors and farm machinery.
- First time dryland cotton growers are lining up in droves to join the fibre crop’s rebounding fortunes after an unusually wet winter sets the scene for a 4 million bale crop.
Search over 20,000 rural real estate listings online including farms, rural property and acreage for sale.
Connecting Livestock Buyers & Sellers: Your one-stop shop for livestock news, reports and sale listings.